As the use of AI in creating marketing materials enters the mainstream, I believe content creators need an AI policy.
I agree with this well thought-out manifesto, originally published by the Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute.
Responsible AI Principles
- We believe in the responsible design, development, deployment and operation of AI technologies.
- We believe in a human-centered approach to AI that empowers and augments professionals. AI technologies should be assistive, not autonomous.
- We believe that humans remain accountable for all decisions and actions, even when assisted by AI. The human must remain in the loop in all AI applications.
- We believe in the critical role of human knowledge, experience, emotion, and imagination in creativity, and we seek to explore and promote emerging career paths and opportunities for creative professionals.
- We believe in the power of language, images and videos to educate, influence, and affect change. We commit to never knowingly use generative AI technology to deceive; to produce content for the sole benefit of financial gain; or to spread falsehoods, misinformation, disinformation, or propaganda.
- We believe in understanding the limitations and dangers of AI, and considering those factors in all of our decisions and actions.
- We believe that transparency in data collection and AI usage is essential in order to maintain the trust of our audiences and stakeholders.
- We believe in personalization without invasion of privacy, including strict adherence to data privacy laws, mitigation of privacy risks for consumers, and following our moral compass when legal precedent lags behind AI innovation.
- We believe in intelligent automation without dehumanization, and the potential of AI to have profound benefits for humanity and society.
- We believe in an open approach to sharing our AI research, knowledge, ideas, experiences, and processes in order to advance the industry and society.
- We believe in the importance of upskilling and reskilling professionals, and using AI to build more fulfilling careers and lives.
- We believe in partnering with organizations and people who share our principles.
How I Use AI in Content Creation:
- Market Research
- Brainstorming Ideas
- Summarizing Extensive Topics
- Outlining Articles
- Discovering Headlines
- Editing my work for clarity
I never deliver a piece of content created solely by AI.
AI is wonderful, but limited. It can return false facts and make up scientific studies. Everything I write has confirmed source citations.
AI Tools I Use at this Time:
- ChatGPT Plus
AI is a tool that helps me get through mundane tasks, gives me ideas I would not come up with on my own, and sparks my creativity.
AI is a tool that helps me give my clients better content.
This field is changing quickly, so these tools may change as well.
Originally posted April 6, 2023